Python is one of the best languages for beginners! This book helps you quickly get the hang of Python so that you can create fun projects that will really impress your family and friends.
You'll first learn what you can create with Python and how to set up your computer to code. Once Python is installed, you'll be well on your way to creating your own programs. You'll be introduced to concepts such as variables, strings, loops, functions, modules and many more elements of Python, one step at a time. Before you know it, you'll be a Python pro!
By taking Python in bite-size pieces, you'll be able to start coding right away. You'll create:
- A sign-up sheet for a school musical
- A Mad Libs generator that tells a silly story
- A program that calculates your age on Mars
- A customer service bot
- Plus more!
The exercises are short, and the projects are fun. Ready? Let's get started!
Bite-Size Python is available for purchase at a variety of bookstores and retailers. If you'd prefer to support small businesses (my personal preference), please contact your preferred indie bookstore to check whether the title is in stock.
Barnes & Noble: Buy
Visual Studio Code for Python Programmers helps Python developers become not just familiar, but productive in Visual Studio Code. To start, you’ll find the steps for installing Visual Studio Code on Windows, Mac and Linux platforms, along with an introduction to the editing features of the workspace. Coverage of more advanced functionality includes managing source code, debugging, unit testing, and Jupyter Notebook support. The book finishes with a walk-through of real-world projects which utilize Visual Studio Code features introduced in the book. For developers, the choice of an editor is a very personal one. You have idiosyncratic needs and wants that are unique to you as a developer.
This book will help you learn how to:
- Customize Visual Studio Code to meet your needs and Python development workflow
- Introduces you to the features of the Visual Studio Code workspace and how those features can be customize
- Demonstrates how Visual Studio Code allows you to choose your structure according to your needs
- Covers editing code in Python, including syntax highlighting, code completion, object definition, refactoring, and code navigation
- Describes Git integration and how to perform common Git functions (commits, checkouts, branches, and merges) from within Visual Studio Code
- Highlights debugging features for Python developers
A final section on Real World Applications will step you through several examples (and features integration with Django, Flask, Jupyter Notebook, Docker, and Azure), so you can hit the ground running with Visual Studio Code.
Visual Studio Code for Python Programmers is available for purchase at a variety of bookstores and retailers. If you'd prefer to support small businesses (my personal preference), please contact your preferred indie bookstore to check whether the title is in stock.